Welcome to Web Alignment Tool
This tool is designed to produce reports on the alignment of curriculum
standards and student assessments.
The process requires a group of reviewers first to assign depth-of-knowledge
(DOK) levels to standards/objectives (Part I). Then reviewers are to code
assessment items by identifying the depth-of-knowledge for each item and the
corresponding standard/objective (Part II).
1. The steps in using this tool and the process include
2. Training on DOK levels for content area
3. Logging on
4. Selecting a state, content area, and grade
5. Individually coding DOK for each objective
6. Group reaching consensus on the DOK for each objective
7. Coding independently the DOK for each assessment item and corresponding
8. Recording Source of Challenge and Notes